Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Hunger Games ( Chapter 13 - 15 )

What has happened in the book that seems important to the story?

Chapter 13 & 14 - Katniss meets a girl named Rue and they become really good friends. Rue is good at climbing trees and she know how to use herbal medicine. Katniss and Rue decide that they are going to set the Careers camp site on fire. As they were setting things on fire Katniss' jacket caught on fire and she burnt her hand and her leg. Katniss and Rue go to the lake and Katniss lays on her stomach and puts her hand in the water.
Lets now talk about Rue and where she comes from. Rue comes from District 11 where they do all there agriculture. She learned how to whistle to her people through the Mocking Jay Birds. This is why she trusts Katniss because of the Mocking Jay pin.




What I liked about these chapters was how Rue and Katniss became friends. It reminds me of the time i met my friend/cousin Monique and at first I didn't trust her but as i got to know her i started to open up to her. The other reason why I became friend with her is because my mom is best friends with her mom so I thought it wouldn't hurt to become friends with her

4 comments: