Thursday, March 8, 2012

24 Hour Diet


Tuesday March 6, 2012
24 Hour Diet
Today our class calculated how many calories, carbohydrates, fat and protein that we had in out 24 hour diet. We started this diet from after school and what we ate the next day.
This is chocolate milk and i LOVE chocolate milk
Summary of my nutrition information for the past 24 hours
Total calories: 2137
Carbohydrates: 247g
Fat: 92g
Protein: 73g

I researched the internet and I foud a food supertracker. I entered my 24 hour diet. For an average female teenager from 11 - 14 is supossed to eat 2200 calories a day. For my age I am supossed to eat
  • 6oz - Grains I had 3 1/2 oz
  • 2 cups - Veggies I had 4 cups
  • 2 cups - Fruit I had 0 cups
  • 3 cups - Dairy I had 2 cups
  • 5 1/2 oz - Protien I Had 2 1/2 oz
My total calories was 2137 and how I can improved is that I could eat less veggies and eat more fruits. Also how I can inprove my diet is eat more protien, dairy and grains.

Questions
1.   How does your total calories compare to the recommended 2000 calories per day?
2137/2000 = 1.0685 * 100= 106.85
I ate a little over than the 2000 calories.

2.   What time of the day do you eat most of you calories – Morning, afternoon or evening?
The time I eat most of my calories is around afternoon and evening because during the day at school I really don’t eat anything.
3.   What does your answer to question 2 imply about your long term health?

If I don’t exercise I will gain the weight.
4.   Describe how many minutes you exercise per day and what activity you engage in on a regular basis?
Well I don’t really exercise on a regular basis but when I do I go on a walk or I stretch.
5.   Use the internet to find out how many calories you burn doing the activities you listed in #4?
Well for walking it depends on how much you weigh and how fast you walk. Below is an estimate of how many calories you can burn by walking (at various paces) for 30 minutes. http://www.fitnessforweightloss.com/how-many-calories-do-i-burn-walking/ that is a website for walking.
Well depending on how long you would be stretching for, it would be 173 calories per hour.
6.   What is the most important thing you can change about your diet or lifestyle to improve your long term health?
Well I think the most important thing is that I exercise more. Maybe I can also go on a really good and healthy diet, eating more fruits and vegetables and walk more even run so when I get older I am strong and healthy.







No comments:

Post a Comment